The milkshake! website streams content directly from the internet.
Occasionally, you may experience problems with the quality of video, such as:
- Jerky playback
- Video or sound that appears to shudder or stutter
- Video or audio that suddenly stops
- Audio that is not correctly synced to the video
- Problems watching content after the ads
- Slow performance when using a Demand 5 app
Determining the cause
Most playback problems are caused by the speed and quality of your broadband connection.
Other potential causes include:
- Problems with your router or modem
- Network traffic shaping or throttling, where your connection may be slowed down by your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- The amount of traffic on the network
- The amount of memory in your device
- The number of applications open on your device
Solving playback problems
If you experience problems, we recommend:
- Closing browser tabs and windows
- Closing any unnecessary applications
- Rebooting your device
- Checking your ISP’s traffic-shaping policy
- Trying again outside of peak periods
If you continue to experience problems with playback, please read our Video playback checklist.